Top Ten Computer Trends for the 21st Century
The Top Ten Computer Trends for the 21st Century
- Computers will become powerful extensions of human beings designed to augment intelligence, learning, communications, and productivity.
- Computers will become intuitive—they will “learn,” “recognize,” and “know” what we want, who we are, and even what we desire.
- Computer chips will be everywhere, and they will become invisible-embedded in everything from brains and hearts, to clothes and toys.
- Computers will manage essential global systems, such as transportation and food production, better than humans will.
- Online computer resources will enable us to download applications on-demand via wireless access anywhere and anytime.
- will become voice-activated, networked, video-enabled, and connected together over the Net, linked with each other and humans.
- Computers will have digital senses-speech, sight, smell, hearing-enabling them to communicate with humans and other machines.
- Neural networks and other forms of artificial intelligence will make computers both as smart as humans, and smarter for certain jobs.
- Human and computer evolution will converge. Synthetic intelligence will greatly enhance the next generations of humans.
- As computers surpass humans in intelligence, a new digital species and a new culture will evolve that is parallel to ours.