Top Ten E-Business Trends for the 21st Century
The Top Ten E-Business Trends for the 21st Century
- E-business will become a critical competitive strategy that will revolutionize the global economy.
- Companies will learn to manage customers’ relationships by virtually serving their needs “24 × 7″-24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- E-business that enables customers to personalize and customize products or services will flourish.
- Using the Net to find new customers and to better target customer preferences will be a standard practice.
- Producing, marketing, and distributing products or services online will be a cost-effective strategy for business.
- Learning to develop and serve online communities with niche interests will be essential to building customer loyalty.
- E-business models that provide greater choice for customers will change the traditional economics of supply and demand.
- Ready access to the Net from multiple gateways-cable TV, satellite, wireless telephones, and other devices-will greatly expand e-business opportunities.
- Highly efficient e-business virtual supply chains will intimately link manufacturers and producers directly to customers.
- E-business will reach over one billion people and generate more than $2 trillion in revenues worldwide by 2005.