Top Ten Health-Care Trends for the 21st Century
The Top Ten Health Care Trends for the 21st Century
- Most hospitals, clinics, trauma centers, physicians, and patients will be connected to one large network enabling access to critical medical information.
- Consumer health information, accessible over a variety of Net channels, will become the most in-demand content worldwide.
- The medical industry will face an ethical and social dilemma over the disclosure of patient information.
- Health-care professionals, available via remote Internet connections, will provide services to millions of people who were previously under-served.
- Medicalbots, nonhuman intelligence agents, will dispense medical care to patients and doctors worldwide to save money and share expertise.
- Advanced nano-biology and genetic technology will eliminate many diseases, accelerate healing, and increase longevity.
- Bio-engineered food will help promote health and longevity.
- A new generation of smart drugs, implants, and medical devices will enhance our health and performance.
- Virtual-reality medical simulations will become the dominant mode of medical training.
- Cyber-health care that is customized for us-designed to monitor, diagnose, educate, and intervene regardless of location or time-will be common.